Deep frying is the newest trend for those of you who want to prepare fried food. Meanwhile, for those of you who do not take the precautions, it is dangerous for you because you will get injured or burned. Sometimes it is dangerous to have deep fryers because a couple of units tip over easily that will end up spilling hot oil within the pot of cooking. If oil is overfilling the cooking pot, the oil will spill the unit out when the food is put into the cooking pot. A fire will be caused by oil that will hit the flames to engulf the whole unit. A spill over effect can be caused by the fryer when you place frozen food. It will make extensive fire.
- Deep fryer should be applied outdoors that is far from the building and a couple of other materials which can burn.
- Do not ever use deep fryers in garages or wooden decks.
- You have to make sure that you apply the fryers on the flat surface in order to lower the accidental tipping.
- The fryers should not be left unattended. A couple of units do not feature thermostat controls. The oil will heat the fryer until it burns if you do not watch carefully the fryer.
- Do not allow your kids and pets near the fryer when you use it. And hours after use, it is also dangerous for your kids and pets near the deep fryer because the oil which is located inside the cooking pot is still hot.
- Do not ever overfill the fryer in order to prevent the oil spill over.
- It is well recommended for you to use oven mitts or potholders which have been well insulated when you touch the lid handles. It is also good for you to wear safety goggles in order to protect your eyes from oil splatter.
- You have to make sure that the food is thawed completely and you have to be careful about the oil. Water and oil will never mix and oil can be caused to spill over into the water which is causing an explosion or even fire.
- You have to prepare fire extinguisher nearby your deep fryers. You do not allow using water in order to deal with the grease fire. You have to keep in mind using your judgment when you have to fight the fire. You can use a fire extinguisher if you can manage the fire. But if it increases it is the perfect time for you to call some help.
- You have to follow the instructions of the fryer.
- It is better for you to use oils which have been blended with smoke points such as safflower, canola, and peanut. The flavor can be added by peanut oil.
- In order to decide the oil that you want to use, you can put the food in the basket and put in the pot. Water should be added until two inches above the food. Take the food out and you have to use ruler to measure the distance from the water to the fryer